Kopworld Moderator
jcallen29 jcallen29
Kopworld Moderator
Badmoon Badmoon
Kopworld Moderator

Reply #1020Thu 22/03/12 at 17:28

AmericanKopite

• Kopworld Moderator
Girls under the age of 18 that don't wear enough clothing and have no shame whatsoever. WHERE THE f**k ARE YOUR PARENTS AND WHY DO THEY APPROVE OF YOUR SLUTTY APPEARANCE?!

You'll Never Walk Alone
Justice For The 96
Reply #1021Thu 22/03/12 at 17:45

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
Girls under the age of 18 that don't wear enough clothing and have no shame whatsoever. WHERE THE f**k ARE YOUR PARENTS AND WHY DO THEY APPROVE OF YOUR SLUTTY APPEARANCE?!

This is me on the weekend...

So I take offence to that comment!

;)
Reply #1022Fri 23/03/12 at 01:08

jarhead113

• Kopworld Elite Member
I think women should be able to wear what they want, we can walk around in just shorts if we want to, maybe they are just feeling the heat?

"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the ones with the ball"
Reply #1023Fri 23/03/12 at 13:30

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
I know what he means about young girls dressing like women.

Culture has allowed for children to be influenced by overly sexual celebrities in ways they don't understand.
Reply #1024Fri 23/03/12 at 16:43

FernandoFowler9

• Kopworld Elite Member

What's the problem with it? What's the definition of enough clothing? Who decides how much is enough clothing? What is "Slutty"? Who decides what is shameful?

Or, is this you being angry that not everyone shares your idea of what is "right" in particular circumstances?

Where's the line between saying, "your appearance is slutty, I think people* should stop you from dressing like this" and saying "Here, this is a nice garment that will cover your entire body, so none may see you lest they be tempted by you, leaving nought but slits for you to see through"?

*= the people are "the parents" in your scenario.

Seriously, this is why I don't use Facebook. Stupid, thoughtless posts like that. People screaming "OUTRAGE!" in one form or another about some apparent lack of appropriateness and properness they witnessed somewhere.

I eagerly await your reply.
All around the fields, of Anfield road,
Where once we watched the King Kenny play and could he play!
Stevie Heighway on the wing, we had dreams and songs to sing,
Of the Glory round the fields of Anfield Road.
Reply #1025Fri 23/03/12 at 16:59

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
I think you're talking nonsense there.

There are clearly types of clothing that are inappropriate for children.
Reply #1026Fri 23/03/12 at 17:43

FernandoFowler9

• Kopworld Elite Member
I think you're talking nonsense there.

There are clearly types of clothing that are inappropriate for children.

What are defining as children here? Pre-18? Pre-pubescent? What?

Why should it be inappropriate? Why is it inappropriate for someone, say, 16-17 years old to dress, as AK so eloquently puts it, "slutty"?

Where is the line between saying "you must not dress this way" and "you must dress this way"?

Unless these girls are being forced in some way to wear "slutty" clothing they would prefer not to wear, why is it of any moral concern?
Reply #1027Fri 23/03/12 at 17:58

Darlington

• Kopworld's Emlyn Hughes
Can I ask a question FF, have you any kids and if yes do you have a daughter?
Reply #1028Fri 23/03/12 at 18:00

Nicho

• Kopworld Moderator
You are obviously not a father (of daughters, at least) FF9. If some "kids" are seen as easy targets for the perverts of this world, does that not endanger other "kids" that are just Kids?
I probably ain't put that too well, but I know what I mean. I would hope that my son would not allow my granddaughters to dress inappropriately. If  you cannot define what is innappropriate then I think you need to talk to your mum and / or dad about it.
你來紅的男子
Reply #1029Fri 23/03/12 at 18:01

Darlington

• Kopworld's Emlyn Hughes
You are obviously not a father (of daughters, at least) FF9. If some "kids" are seen as easy targets for the perverts of this world, does that not endanger other "kids" that are just Kids?
I probably ain't put that too well, but I know what I mean. I would hope that my son would not allow my granddaughters to dress inappropriately. If  you cannot define what is innappropriate then I think you need to talk to your mum and / or dad about it.

Spot on Nicho, couldn't have put it better myself.
Reply #1030Fri 23/03/12 at 21:21

AmericanKopite

• Kopworld Moderator
What's the problem with it? What's the definition of enough clothing? Who decides how much is enough clothing? What is "Slutty"? Who decides what is shameful?

Or, is this you being angry that not everyone shares your idea of what is "right" in particular circumstances?

Where's the line between saying, "your appearance is slutty, I think people* should stop you from dressing like this" and saying "Here, this is a nice garment that will cover your entire body, so none may see you lest they be tempted by you, leaving nought but slits for you to see through"?

Seriously, this is why I don't use Facebook. Stupid, thoughtless posts like that. People screaming "OUTRAGE!" in one form or another about some apparent lack of appropriateness and properness they witnessed somewhere.

I'm not saying we need to cover kids up like Taliban wives, but there's a difference between kids wearing what's cool and wearing something sexy to reveal their 15 year old bodies to the world that's oh so eager to see it. (Sarcasm, of course)

My issue with kids not wearing enough is that when 15 year old girls go out in shorts that barely go lower than their privates and wear low cut shirts to show off the boobs they don't have. There's a line between looking good and looking trashy, but the thickness of that line is what a person makes it.

I guess I just think there should be a little more modesty when girls who are under the age of consent choose to dress to impress.

I'm not a father, but when the day comes and if I am blessed with a girl, I know I'll be damn tough on making sure she dresses appropriately.
You'll Never Walk Alone
Justice For The 96
Reply #1031Sat 24/03/12 at 02:18

jarhead113

• Kopworld Elite Member

sometimes I remember why I respect you ;D

I'm not saying we need to cover kids up like Taliban wives, but there's a difference between kids wearing what's cool and wearing something sexy to reveal their 15 year old bodies to the world that's oh so eager to see it. (Sarcasm, of course)

My issue with kids not wearing enough is that when 15 year old girls go out in shorts that barely go lower than their privates and wear low cut shirts to show off the boobs they don't have. There's a line between looking good and looking trashy, but the thickness of that line is what a person makes it.

I guess I just think there should be a little more modesty when girls who are under the age of consent choose to dress to impress.

I'm not a father, but when the day comes and if I am blessed with a girl, I know I'll be damn tough on making sure she dresses appropriately.
the thing is though AK is that we put that pereception on them, we make it the social construct to have to act and dress and think a certain way. If we didn't sexualise peoples bodies, there'd be nothing to complain about

"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the ones with the ball"
Reply #1032Sat 24/03/12 at 02:21

Dazzler

• Kopworld's Joey Jones
KENNY OUT
Reply #1033Sat 24/03/12 at 03:20

FernandoFowler9

• Kopworld Elite Member

It's extremely dangerous when an otherwise good person has a lack of respect for a person - or group of people - because of a certain aspect of themselves.

Why does it bother you when a youngish girl dresses like that? Is it that their supposed sexual promiscuity will lose them their innocence? That they appearance may tempt a man to attempt to rape them? Or that they're below the age of consent and therefore unavailable to yourself and other men?

Those are the only three options I can think as to why young girls dressing this way would bother someone. And all three I can very easily imagine being used by Islamic groups trying to justify use of the Burqa and Niqab.

To answer your question, no, I'm not a father of any daughters. I'm 20.

How does it endanger other kids for some girls to dress "inappropriately" (whatever that is, no one has provided me a definition)?. If some kids decide to start dressing emo, does that mean they are putting other kids at risk of committing suicide? When they get to a certain point, kids are old enough to make reasonable choices on their own.

The problem here I think is that when we speaking of girls dressing promiscuously and that it may endanger themselves to predators is that rapists don't rape people because they find them attractive (not usually, anyway). Rape is usually an act of hatred or, poignantly, having a lack of respect for a woman because of a certain aspect of her being. That's why I see having a set "appropriate" dress code for women, or girls, in a societal context as being entirely dangerous.
Reply #1034Sat 24/03/12 at 03:59

AmericanKopite

• Kopworld Moderator
KENNY OUT

You had better be joking.

It's extremely dangerous when an otherwise good person has a lack of respect for a person - or group of people - because of a certain aspect of themselves.

Why does it bother you when a youngish girl dresses like that? Is it that their supposed sexual promiscuity will lose them their innocence? That they appearance may tempt a man to attempt to rape them? Or that they're below the age of consent and therefore unavailable to yourself and other men?

Those are the only three options I can think as to why young girls dressing this way would bother someone. And all three I can very easily imagine being used by Islamic groups trying to justify use of the Burqa and Niqab.

I guess it bothers me because my upbringing was one of modesty and such and that's all I knew. That's all I've got, really.

To be honest with you, mate, I feel like this is going to be a five page debate that gets nowhere and we're going to keep firing with the same arguments, so I'll leave it at this; I respect your opinion as my friend and I respect that we were able to have a civil debate about this. We all know how out of hand things like this can get. I concede.  :thumb:
You'll Never Walk Alone
Justice For The 96