Personally, I'd put money on Aquilani to beat you in a fight :thumb:

So would I :D

But I'd have a great equaliser

:thumb: :thumb:
Reply #17Thu 06/08/09 at 15:40

JohnnyRed

• Kopworld's Neil Ruddock
Meh I'll punch him right back :thumb:

1. Cuz he punched me, and 2. Cuz it makes way for Lucas' spot in the team :thumb: :D

Ha ha. If you punched him in the face he'd probably go down clutching his shin and roll around for half an hour.
Reply #18Thu 06/08/09 at 19:43

Dani

• Kopworld Elite Member
I'm not fully sold on the Aquilani deal. The price is worrying but then again it was the same when we bought Torres and that turned out brilliantly.

His injury history is very concerning to me tho. I hope he'll have what it takes to survive in the PL. Italians haven't really set the PL a light over the years, Zola possibly being the best out of a bunch that's come over here to play football. Di Canio - Di Matteo and Ravanelli all adjusted OK so there's hope he'll do the same....I'm just concerned about the physical side of our game on a player that's spent quite a bit of time on the physios table than out playing for his team.

I'm not writing the guy off before hes even kicked a ball folks, just have concerns that's all.

Lets say he fails to adjust and seeks a transfer away after the world cup, do you think we'll get anywhere near what we've paid out for him? I have grave doubts we would.

Anyways, good luck to him.....i hope he more than fills Xabi's boots this coming season.

If he doesn't we always have the mighty Lucas!! (EEK) :o

I think, therefore iMac

I don't post much, i just lurk
Reply #19Thu 06/08/09 at 20:05

paisleyx3

• Kopworld Elite Member
I'm not fully sold on the Aquilani deal. The price is worrying but then again it was the same when we bought Torres and that turned out brilliantly.

His injury history is very concerning to me tho. I hope he'll have what it takes to survive in the PL. Italians haven't really set the PL a light over the years, Zola possibly being the best out of a bunch that's come over here to play football. Di Canio - Di Matteo and Ravanelli all adjusted OK so there's hope he'll do the same....I'm just concerned about the physical side of our game on a player that's spent quite a bit of time on the physios table than out playing for his team.

I'm not writing the guy off before hes even kicked a ball folks, just have concerns that's all.

Lets say he fails to adjust and seeks a transfer away after the world cup, do you think we'll get anywhere near what we've paid out for him? I have grave doubts we would.

Anyways, good luck to him.....i hope he more than fills Xabi's boots this coming season.

If he doesn't we always have the might shite of Lucas!! (EEK) :o

Fixed
Reply #20Thu 06/08/09 at 20:20

JohnnyRed

• Kopworld's Neil Ruddock
I share your worries Dani. One thing that can be said about Xabi is that not only is he technically talented but he's not affraid of a good tackle both giving and getting.
Reply #21Thu 06/08/09 at 20:32

Dani

• Kopworld Elite Member
I share your worries Dani. One thing that can be said about Xabi is that not only is he technically talented but he's not affraid of a good tackle both giving and getting.

Xabi also had the knack of reducing the opposing team to 10 players :whistle:

Hopefully Aquilani can carry on that trend. (Hopefully not getting injured whilst doing so)

Fixed

Now now Paisley, don't go upsetting KT, you know how delicate he can be about Lucas :D

I think, therefore iMac

I don't post much, i just lurk
Reply #22Thu 06/08/09 at 20:45

ScouseUK

• Kopworld Elite Member
the 2 time xabi broke his metatarsil was because he s**t out of 50/50 challenges and he wasnt the toughest guy on the field.....

but iam sick of talkin about someone who isnt our player and didnt want to play for us....

there are worries with all signings,torres was a worrie when we signed him,people didnt rate him infront of goal and also claimed he was a bit of a softie how wrong were they now,xabi when he came in no-one hardly new him yet we all no our history,the list is endless and its not just at our club,he hasnt signed and has to go through a thorough medical that will be tough,from what ive been reading around the tinternet roma had around 8 players out with injuries last season and rushed playyers back into cover other positions so its not all as bad as we think,we have 1 of the best medical staff/teams in the world so if anyone can get him back on track then its us plus the operation he had is supposed to have cured his ankle problem,he has also had tendonitis but so did gerrard when he was younger....

there are alot of what ifs in signing anyone look at van horse face when he signed for the manks and look what he did in his 1st season,dani i here what your sayin but the lad is 25 best years ahead of him and coming to the best club in the world with the staff to match
Reply #23Thu 06/08/09 at 22:27

EddieC

• Kopworld Admin
Personally, I'd put money on Aquilani to beat you in a fight :thumb:

Only one way to settle it:

Click Here
Reply #24Fri 07/08/09 at 00:54

StellaAkaSugar

• Kopworld Elite Member
I cant wait to see what he has got to offer, I'm sure under the wings of our lads he will give his best to Liverpool! Don't think its good to be comparing him to much to Alonso, especially not having even seen him play a few games for us! Just hope these injuries that I keep hearing about don't come back to haunt us!

Click Here

:D :D :D Unlucky KT! Better luck with the hammer!  ;)

Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice!! :)
Reply #25Fri 07/08/09 at 02:08

KopThat!

• Kopworld Elite Member

Click Here

I took a dive :p
Reply #26Fri 07/08/09 at 04:23

taxijeff

• Kopworld's Kenny Dalglish
the 2 time xabi broke his metatarsil was because he s**t out of 50/50 challenges and he wasnt the toughest guy on the field.....

but iam sick of talkin about someone who isnt our player and didnt want to play for us....

there are worries with all signings,torres was a worrie when we signed him,people didnt rate him infront of goal and also claimed he was a bit of a softie how wrong were they now,xabi when he came in no-one hardly new him yet we all no our history,the list is endless and its not just at our club,he hasnt signed and has to go through a thorough medical that will be tough,from what ive been reading around the tinternet roma had around 8 players out with injuries last season and rushed playyers back into cover other positions so its not all as bad as we think,we have 1 of the best medical staff/teams in the world so if anyone can get him back on track then its us plus the operation he had is supposed to have cured his ankle problem,he has also had tendonitis but so did gerrard when he was younger....

there are alot of what ifs in signing anyone look at van horse face when he signed for the manks and look what he did in his 1st season,dani i here what your sayin but the lad is 25 best years ahead of him and coming to the best club in the world with the staff to match
well said mate  :thumb:
Reply #27Fri 07/08/09 at 04:32

KopThat!

• Kopworld Elite Member

Now now Paisley, don't go upsetting KT, you know how delicate he can be about Lucas :D

:nod: :cry:

I've tasted mine about Alonso, now enjoy YOUR humble pie at season's end, Paisley :yay:
Reply #28Fri 07/08/09 at 11:13

EddieC

• Kopworld Admin
there are worries with all signings,torres was a worrie when we signed him,people didnt rate him infront of goal and also claimed he was a bit of a softie how wrong were they now

I think Torres is a perfect example of why we shouldn't judge players until they've played for us. I will admit to being one of the doubters when he first arrived, but the fact is that if Nando had continued to perform at the same level he had for Atletico I don't think he would have been good enough for us (well maybe good enough but not a star of the team like he is now). Rafa has turned him into twice the player he was in Spain, and the lesson learned for me is that I won't be too quick to judge new players based on what they were like for their previous clubs as Rafa might have noticed something in them that I completely missed.

Of course the opposite is also possible too, just look at players like Dossena or Morientes who have completely failed to live up to the form they showed at their previous clubs.
Reply #29Fri 07/08/09 at 20:32

shanklys best

• Kopworld Elite Member
Alberto Aquilani passes medical and agrees five-year deal at Liverpool FC

Aug 7 2009 Dan Kay
Comment (1)
Recommend
Alberto Aquilani

Alberto Aquilani 300

ITALIAN international Alberto Aquilani has successfully passed a medical and agreed personal terms with Liverpool.

The midfielder has been out of action since March with an ankle injury but has come through the necessary medical checks and will continue his rehabilitation under the guidance of Liverpool's medical team.

He is not expected to be fully fit for four to eight weeks.

The 25-year-old has agreed a five-year deal with the club and becomes the club's second summer signing alingside Glen Johnson.

* * WATCH video of Aquilani in action here and have your say on his arrival

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/08/07/alberto-aquilani-passes-medical-and-signs-five-year-deal-at-liverpool-fc-100252-24347201/

So now you can all take him out of your team for the Spurs game...

Also, how can you pass a medical if you are not fit.?? Surely Liverpool should have him on loan first.??
LIVERPOOL F.C.
IF I HAD TWO HEARTS-I'D LOVE YOU TWICE AS MUCH..!
Shankly's Best

---------------------------------------------
The true measure of a man is what he does with power - Plato