BigDonga

• Kopworld Elite Member
Agree with that Ed.

Reina
Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique
Spearing
Adam/Hendo, Gerrard
Kuyt, Suarez, Bellamy.

Only problem for me, obviously, is Hendo or Adam.
Henderson is much more consistent but Adam is a better player if he decides to show up.

Reply #211Sat 04/02/12 at 03:36

Nicho

• Kopworld Moderator
Hendo is 10 times the player than Adam. He is an eager player who will improve. Adam is ................
你來紅的男子
Reply #212Sat 04/02/12 at 04:39

BigDonga

• Kopworld Elite Member
Yea but Adam can make a game changing pass.

Like against Wolves, great ball into Andy creating a goal, it could be said that the goal was coming, but that's the case for just about all of our drawn games.

Hendo, whilst I believe will become a great player doesn't yet have the ability to change a game. However he does allow our attack to flow better.
Reply #213Sat 04/02/12 at 14:59

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
Exactly. Why the f**k did we sign someone for 20mil who has proved beyond doubt that he is nothing more than average

I really don't know. He was never a top player before we signed him and there's no way that is going to change just because he's at a bigger club.

He has so little about him and the fact he has one goal, against Oldham, and zero assists says it all.

He's not good enough and was a big mistake and a waste of money.
Reply #214Sat 04/02/12 at 14:59

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
Right now, there isn't much to choose between Adam and Henderson.
Reply #215Sat 04/02/12 at 17:23

digger10

• Kopworld Elite Member
With Lucas out:

.........................Reina

Johnson    Skrtel          Agger    Enrique

.....................Henderson

...........Gerrard..............Adam

...Suarez............Carroll.........Be llamy

''For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball.''
Reply #216Sun 05/02/12 at 00:12

BigDonga

• Kopworld Elite Member
I probably do sound like a broken record, but I really don't think the midfield will cope without Spearing on Monday.

Hendo and Adam are far less capable defensively and I for one don't want to sacrifice Stevie to keep Modric quiet.
Reply #217Sun 05/02/12 at 01:12

AL___AAHIL

• Kopworld Legend
I'd definitely want spearing to start against Tottenham because I think he is only midfielder who can actually win the ball. I thought he did well against Wolves but tottenham would be completely different but I think he is a reliable option he is not world class but can do the job. I like his attitude and approach towards the game but some of his tackles are completely weird and dangerous I think he needs to work on it. I'd go with Spearing, Adam and Gerrard for this one as I'd like to see an attacking midfield and someone in it who can stop the counter attacks and actually win the ball and provide some space for the others. But it seems to be either (Spearing, Henderson, Adam/ Gerrard) or (Adam, Henderson, Gerrard) because these are the only two mid field combinations Kenny sticks to and I wont expect anything different.   
And We have enjoined upon man goodness towards his parents: his mother bore him by bearing strain upon strain, and his weaning was in two years: (hence, O man,) be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the eventual coming. (31:14)
Reply #218Sun 05/02/12 at 14:05

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
I think this Spearing debate goes to show how it's a case of 'horses for courses' when it comes to our best eleven at any given time.
Reply #219Tue 07/02/12 at 16:01

Hydieho

• Kopworld's Emlyn Hughes
At home when we have more possession:

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Spearing Gerrard

Kuyt Suarez Maxi

Bellamy

Away from home when we have to hurt teams on the break more and have less possession:

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Spearing Henderson

Maxi Gerrard Bellamy

Suarez

Maxi has scored something like 11 goals in his last 13 starts for us.  When we are short of goals, I'd start him as he gets in the right areas, links up well with Suarez and knows how to put the ball in the net.
Reply #220Tue 07/02/12 at 16:47

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
I agree about Maxi. He offers a lot more than Downing.
Reply #221Tue 07/02/12 at 21:01

Nicho

• Kopworld Moderator
I offer more than Downing.... but Maxi is not the answer. He is a decent player but woefully inconsistant and suffers from a huge lack of bottle at times. I admit he is probably the best of a bad bunch among the senior pros but why is Sterling and the like getting a run out now and then. They can do no worse.
你來紅的男子
Reply #222Tue 07/02/12 at 22:13

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
I would love to see Sterling get a few games. Perhaps he could play in the last couple of league fixtures of the season, provided they aren't too important.
Reply #223Sat 18/02/12 at 10:50

LFC4Eva

• Kopworld's Josemi
                 Reina

Kelly    Skrtel   Agger   Enrique

Johnson  Adam  Gerrard  Bellamy

Suarez  Carroll

This is a team that is strong defensively, immensely creative in midfield, and poses a real attacking threat from all types of play. Carroll has flattered to deceive so far but has not had the service, if he played with that midfield behind him and still didn't flourish then there's really no excuse.
Reply #224Sat 18/02/12 at 10:52

LFC4Eva

• Kopworld's Josemi
Forgot to add - Lucas in for Adam when he's fit.