Kopworld Moderator
jcallen29 jcallen29
Kopworld Moderator
Badmoon Badmoon
Kopworld Moderator

Reply #15Fri 23/12/11 at 02:41

jarhead113

• Kopworld Elite Member
we also need to look at a replacement for gerrard if this amount of injuries occur after he comes back, we can't keep waiting on his return

"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the ones with the ball"
Reply #16Fri 23/12/11 at 14:36

theanfieldpaddy

• Kopworld Elite Member
theres talk he could be back in the squad for the Blackburn game ..

Reply #17Fri 23/12/11 at 23:48

Nicho

• Kopworld Moderator
I don't think he will ever play regularly again.
你來紅的男子
Reply #18Sat 24/12/11 at 11:56

BigDonga

• Kopworld Elite Member
Agree with that it's sad to say.

Hope not though.
Reply #19Sat 24/12/11 at 17:07

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
We need him back. He'll never be as good as he was at his peak, but he's still an excellent player.
Reply #20Tue 17/01/12 at 13:25

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has urged his side to be more creative after they were held 0-0 at home by Stoke.

"The responsibility was on us to be more imaginative to break them down and we didn't manage to do it," he said.

"The couple of opportunities we got we didn't take and in a game like that you have to take them."

Liverpool have scored just 24 goals in 21 Premier League games this season, 32 fewer than leaders Manchester City.

The draw to Stoke was the seventh time in 11 Premier League home games that Liverpool have had to settle for a draw.

PREMIER LEAGUE TOP SCORERS
Continue reading the main story
1. Manchester City - 56 goals
2. Manchester United - 52 goals
3. Chelsea - 40 goals
4. Tottenham - 39 goals
5. Arsenal - 36 goals
11. Liverpool - 24 goals

Their repeated failure to convert pressure into points at Anfield could leave them four points off European qualification if fifth-placed Arsenal win their game in hand away against Swansea on Sunday.

Liverpool began the game with three centre-halves - Martin Skrtel, Sebastian Coates and Jamie Carragher - and both record signing Andy Carroll and fellow striker Craig Bellamy on the bench in spite of the absence of the banned Luis Suarez.

But Dalglish insisted that the formation was largely influenced by the health of his squad.

"We left Daniel Agger out as a precaution, Jose Enrique had a bit of stomach virus so we were lucky to get him to play; we didn't have too many options," he added.

"The boys at the back looked pretty comfortable - but they were only playing against one person."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16563955.stm
Reply #21Tue 17/01/12 at 17:04

Sniffer

• Kopworld Elite Member
"The boys at the back looked pretty comfortable - but they were only playing against one person."

So we continued to play 5 at the back  :hmm:

Kelly could of played in stead of Carragher and Johnson could of gone to left back ok not ideal but he can do a job there and left Enrique out if he was ill. For me Carroll should of started how on earth is he going to score if he is on the bench????? He scored against Oldham and that would give him some confidence but it is knocked straight out of him by benching him don't make sense. What would we be saying if Roy was still here making these decisions and we were playing like this and we wasnt scoring????? As it is Kenny we seem to be letting it slide and saying he will get it right :hmm:
Reply #22Thu 23/02/12 at 13:34

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
Fourteen goals in twelve home games is pathetic.

It's a testament to the defence that we have managed to remain unbeaten at home.
Reply #23Thu 23/02/12 at 14:44

Nicho

• Kopworld Moderator
Oh dear
你來紅的男子
Reply #24Thu 23/02/12 at 15:49

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
It's not good enough and it's been a problem all season.

You can't make progress unless you address your shortcomings.

The defence have been excellent this season and credit is due to them and Steve Clarke for that. But you can see Agger's frustration in particular with how wasteful and lacklustre we have been in attack. We've all been hoping that it's going to change all season, but it hasn't - and six goals against Brighton might be enough to persuade others, but it doesn't change my view, especially as half of them were own goals.

We've got an excellent defensive platform and we need to build upon it. I'm sure Kenny is very aware of that, I am just not sure that he has the players he needs right now to solve it. Bellamy isn't fit enough while Kuyt and Carroll don't score enough goals. Suarez should score more for the chances he has, but he is wasteful while Downing and Henderson on the flanks offer very little.
Reply #25Fri 24/02/12 at 16:25

robbieGod23/9

• Kopworld Elite Member
That's it.... You have hit the nail on the head here Oli.. We just need to score goals.... Simple but brilliant.. I feel so daft that I've missed that ALL year...
Kenny will feel a bit foolish if he sees this...

You do know the England job is still available don't you Lad?
Reply #26Fri 24/02/12 at 16:45

jarhead113

• Kopworld Elite Member
nice to have you back robbie, I missed you!

"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the ones with the ball"
Reply #27Fri 24/02/12 at 17:49

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
That's it.... You have hit the nail on the head here Oli.. We just need to score goals.... Simple but brilliant.. I feel so daft that I've missed that ALL year...
Kenny will feel a bit foolish if he sees this...

You do know the England job is still available don't you Lad?

Nice try  ;)
Reply #28Sat 03/03/12 at 00:16

Olivavu

• Kopworld Editor
Andy Carroll: Six goals this season - half of which have been scored against Exeter, Oldham and Brighton.

He is clearly not good enough and has been no better than David N'Gog. I think he is more talented than our ex-striker, but he is not scoring anywhere near enough goals - especially not for a 35m fee.

Backup at best, but simply not a striker to fire us on to better things.
Reply #29Sat 03/03/12 at 00:34

Nicho

• Kopworld Moderator
mentioning the fee detracts from your argument. Andy didn't ask for that fee to be set but demand sets the price. To buy him in that particular window meant buying at a premium price and the club were prepared to pay that.
你來紅的男子