Lazio say de Vrij can leave

0
4412

Lazio have told defender Stefan de Vrij that he is free to leave them next month.


President of the Italian club, Claudio Lotito, has publicly stated that the Dutchman will be able to make an exit from the Serie A side when the transfer window opens in January.

Liverpool have been regularly linked with a bid for the Holland international, along with Barcelona, Juventus, Inter Milan and rivals Everton.

And it appears that the defender, who is out of contract at the end of the season, will be available to the suitors chasing his signature next month.

“We have always said that people come and go but Lazio remains.” Lotito told Radio Incontro Olympia.

“I hope this does not apply to presidents!


“It depends on the ethics and behaviour of the player.

“As a club we have always behaved very well towards the players and we’ll see what the players choose.

“We are used to enforcing our rights whilst always respecting the rules.” he finished.

Earlier this week, Italian journalist Niccolo Ceccarini claimed that the twenty-five year old would be making a decision regarding his future.

“By Saturday, De Vrij will give his answer to Lazio. At the moment he is making the final decision.” he said.

“Many major players are on the waiting list; Inter and Juve in Italy, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Liverpool abroad.” he added.

Many Liverpool supporters will be hoping to see the defender signed.


SHARE
Previous articleCity won’t be held to ransom over Van Dijk
Next articleReds agree fee to sign Van Dijk

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here