Liverpool manaher Jurgen Klopp has revealed that he has spoken to Mamadou Sakho about his Snapchat outburst.
Sakho sent a series of posts late on Saturday night that pointed the finger at the club over his fitness, where he said “I accept my situation but I can’t accept the lie”.
The French defender has not featured at all for the first-team so far this season following a series of issues that culminated in him being sent home early from the preseason tour of the US.
Sakho was told to find himself a loan move away from the club for this season, but he refused to make an exit and has since been left on the sidelines by Klopp.
Klopp allowed Sakho to play for Michael Beale’s under-23 side on Wednesday evening and has gone on to reveal that the former Paris Saint Germain centre-back needs to keep his head down.
“Those two things are not a rule for Mamadou Sakho. It is a rule for every player: work hard and do your best.” Klopp said of working hard and keeping quiet.
“The rest of this I spoke to the team about and I spoke to Mama and we spoke together and that’s it.
“From my side everything is done and now we can carry on. There is nothing else to say.” he finished.